Tuesday, October 14, 2014

27 Random Acts of Kindness??...1 Random act x 27 =D

The 1st Birthday without Appa/ Amma (Mum & Dad)

The birthday falls on the 8th of September.... the initial plan.. to visit the Wadda Gurdwara (Sikh place of worship) and complete 27 random acts of kindness which i of course got ideas from the "Master of the Universe - Google.com"

So as a whole the one major random act was getting 27 packets of noodles for the homeless. I got my best friend Crystal to assist me to distribute those packets at like pass midnight around Komtar bus stop area... That place was just thronged with beggars/ homeless people. 

During our drive around i also got the chance to see the dark side of the place i grew up in, Penang... there was a fairly large amount of homeless people including those heavily intoxicated with drugs/ etc. I learnt to count each and every blessing in life from that day onward, tried to mend my relationships with all those around me.. Started being grateful just to even wake up every morning. No doubt life itself took a wild turn last September 2013 with the passing of my mother this particular experience created a great sense of awareness in me... Death is not the end.. Losing a loved one does not mean life is over... Its just a cycle.. a compulsory phase in life.. Just like an actor in a play.. We play many roles dance about-cry-laugh-fall in love- reproduce and we all eventually have to bid farewell to the many roles we have taken in Life.

Besides that one eye-opening experience, i also had many wonderful surprises from my close friends and one whom i just got to know... i'm just so grateful to all of you who have contributed to making this day/ week/month one of the best ones in my 27 years of life..











The bestie who never failed me







Thank you all,i'm just so very grateful!! Now that i'm nearing the big "30" its time to hopefully make some changes in my life... but somethings and people will always remain with me and within me... the feat to complete the 27 random acts has been changed to 1 random act 27 times!=D

No comments:

Post a Comment